To Book Phone: (03) 9801 4576 or 0438 589 995
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES & PRICING
This service usually involves the repair of a minor single fault to bring a newer instrument up to good working order.
Minimum charge is $55.
This service is required to remove corrosive deposits that if not removed will slowly rot the brass. A horn requires this service, when it displays one or more of the following symptoms – a few stuck slides, problems with sticking pistons, green deposits are evident on pistons, valve casings or tubing. Often the deposits may have accumulated to such an extent that a horn is only working with 50% of the actual tubing capacity.
At the completion of this work, the horn will again play to its full potential.
– is completely disassembled ; stuck slides are pulled ; minor accessible dents are removed
– is soaked and scrubbed in detergent solution to remove all fats and oil (food deposits etc)
– is dipped and flushed in an acid solution to remove lime and scale deposits
– is thoroughly dried and each piece of tubing individually pressure tested for leaks
– is fitted with new adjusting corks, valve cap felts, water corks if required
– is adjusted so that piston travel meets factory specifications and tuning slides are greased
– mouthpiece is cleaned, polished and mouthpiece shank re-rounded, if required
– has minor dents removed
– if a trombone, has slides re-aligned
– if it has rotors, has them re-strung and adjusted for correct travel, linkages are tightened
If required, the following & other additional services will be charged for, based upon an hourly rate
– totally frozen tuning slides requiring oil-soaking and heat to be removed
– tuning slides which require unsoldering to be removed
– extra dent work, excessively bowed/damaged trombone slides/tuning slides
– soldering broken braces, soldering patches onto leaking sections
– re-alignment of bent tubing, re-alignment of entire horn
– lapping of pistons to remove burrs and free up action
– machining of spare parts
– valve casing and piston repair/tightening & shimming of rotors
– lapping & aligning of tuning slides to remove burrs and enable smooth action
– replacement of missing/worn/broken/incorrect parts
– hand polishing and ragging of silver plated instruments
– aligning tuning slides so that slides & sleeves are parallel
– case repairs
BRASS CHEMICAL CLEANING PRICES
TRUMPET/CORNET/TROMBONE $ 110
TROMBONE WITH ROTARY VALVE $ 180
SINGLE FRENCH HORN $ 180
DOUBLE FRENCH HORN $ 260
TENOR HORN / BARITONE $ 165
EUPHONIUM $ 180 / EUPHONIUM, 4 VALVE $ 220
3 VALVE TUBA $ 240 / 4 VALVE TUBA $ 280
ROTARY TUBAS By estimate only
All prices include GST and refer to average student instruments.
Parts if required are extra to above prices
Hand ragging and buffing of silver-plated horns, ultra-sonic cleaning, compensating systems, professional, vintage, seized or worn horns will incur additional charges.
Estimates are gladly provided free of charge.
While all care is taken, Furness Repair Studio cannot be held responsible
for old or unusual lacquers/plating being affected by cleaning chemicals.
Emergency repairs are charged at an hourly rate.
PAYMENT: You can pay by Cash, Internet Banking / EFT – (with receipt prior to pick-up)